Yesterday, I gave you a heads up on what to expect from this blog in 2016. Today, I want to solidify that commitment by sharing my personal goals and plans.
One of my favorite book’s of 2015 was, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, by Crystal Paine. In this book, Mrs. Paine spoke of the importance of setting reasonable and attainable goals. I really took her words to heart and want to implement goal setting this year. This is a frightening concept for me. I don’t like to set goals, because I always seem to fall short of my own expectations. No matter how simplistic, I miss the mark.
This year I want things to be different. There are two very specific goals I want to accomplish:
- Live intentionally
- Make better use of my time
How to Live Intentionally
Living intentionally involves making the most of every day. Doing what matters.
Living in the moment.
Being the person God wants me to be and the person Christ expects me to be. To accomplish this goal I will:
- Study God’s word–my plans for now include a precept study of Daniel my homeschool moms’ group is working on.
- Copy scripture–I’m working on the books of 1 & 2 Corinthians currently. I copy a few verses daily into a special journal.
- Read scripture–Each month will have a specific reading plan
- Focusing on the important things–attending church, being an attentive wife while respecting my husband, focusing on my children’s needs while preparing them for the world, keeping my home with the proper attitude and outlook, taking care of my body as well as my soul, working on the relationships that are important.
Making Better Use of My Time
This goal is going to be more difficult, but will directly affect my intentional living. I become easily overwhelmed and mentally shut down. I also tend to get lost in the unimportant. Often times I start something to discover hours have passed with little being accomplished. So I will need to make a conscious effort to pay attention to how I spend my time. I’ll need to schedule many activities and stick to it. Items to include in my daily schedule:
- Homeschool work and record keeping
- Outside activities
- Writing time
- Personal time for a bath-this helps me unwind and gives me quiet, private time.
- Reading time
By creating a schedule of these items, I’ll be able to live intentionally and make the most of each day.
Do you have any specific goals or plans for 2016? Do you have any suggestions on how I can better implement and stick to my goals and plans?