Our school year is pretty well over. We’ve switched into summer mode. There are a few things I want to finish up, and we’ll do that next month. We’re going to have a relaxed and fun summer. At least that’s the plan.
I do have LOTS of work to do, but that’s beside the point. It will all get done. The important part is to take some time off and get away from school.
For a homeschool mom, summertime is the time to plan and layout a euphoric upcoming school year. But I refuse to allow Buttercup’s education to consume my entire life–much as if does during the school year. I will purchase necessary books, and create lesson plans but I WILL enjoy my summer.
My summer plans include:
- Writing lesson plans for two classes I’m teaching this fall
- Write lessons for my class that will be unveiled on SchoolhouseTeacher.com
- Read, read, and read some more
- Write book reviews for the books I read
- Have an outing at least once a week
The outings I’m adding to my list:
- Pink Palace Museum, Planetarium & IMAX–we have a free membership this summer
- National Cotton Museum
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Mud Island River Park–this is one of our favorites. We can go down when it’s hot and play in the mini-Mississippi.
- Mississippi River Museum
Whether we do all of these, I’m not sure. It’s just nice to have a few choices.